Monday, February 05, 2007

Worked

I am at the end of a 15-hour day, with of course a couple hours off at home for lunch. I have two more of these days before I get a break. While having two jobs I have found out that I am not the least bit cut out for the 12-hour workday. In fact, I really hate it.

I realize at times it might be a necessity for me (working a 12-hour day), but the reality is that it won't be a necessity for me too much longer. I don't know why it won't be that way exactly, but I know if it was, I wouldn't be happy, and I like being happy so I probably won't end up with two jobs again, or at the very least with one more than an hour away.

Through all this I have realized once again how fortunate and spoiled I am. Millions of people work the 12-hour workday for most of their lives. Knowing this makes me reluctant to complain about facing three of them in a row, but I still do, because no one should have to work 12 hours in a day if they don't want to.

Don't expect anything else on here until Thursday.

No comments: