Friday, February 23, 2007

A Response to Mr. Bryce

One of the things that prompted me to write about Anna Nicole Smith was the shocking praise of her from, it seems, the most random people throughout the country. I snagged some of that praise, and some laughable criticism, in a user comment when I posted the letter to Anna at YourHub. The comment is below. My response is at the bottom.

User's comment:

"Well Bryce, with all said, seems to me you will never be as great as she was ... yes,she may have done all the wrong things, but who are you to judge? At least she was real, and she was herself... that's what has America going crazy right now. That's what everyone is missing and will forever miss. We need more genuine people like her in the world, and you're certainly not one of them Mr.Bryce. Rest in Peace sweet Anna. Shine your light on the world. We love you forever!"

Response:

Nicole: Is it because I judge Anna's life that you think I am not being myself? Possibly. Either way Ms. Nicole, if you take a closer look at the situation, you might see how Anna's life has left the lives of many others in pieces, not because she died, but by the way she lived. You say Anna was herself and she was being real. In this case, that meant a life full of greed, self-worship and feeling good, no matter who or what was going to be affected. By your definition, I'll gladly pass.

No comments: