Saturday, May 21, 2005

Lessons learned because of Episode III

Doing 15 hours of anything is tiring, even camping out for a good seat for the midnight showing of the last chapter in the Star Wars saga.

Every second of that 15 hours was worth it because of the community these movies have created. People flock from all corners of our culture to see these films, and as soon as you see them in line you know that you have a strong passionate connection to them.

15 hours in line for a seat was something small to ask for in return to see Episode III. The movie was absolutely amazing, and I say this not for the skeptics, but for the fans of the series that might see this site, because this will put a smile on their face...no words I can write here can adequately describe the effect that this movie has on a fan like me...and the countless others. It truly was a pleasure to see George Lucas' vision come full circle. The pieces of the puzzle have created a masterpiece.

When you have pulled too far into an intersection, look carefully before backing up because you might hit a woman on a bike. She will shriek bloody murder, but survive with only some scrapes.

Running an electric scooter into a curb and going over the handlebars isn't graceful, especially in front of a crowd.

Little kids in amazing Jawa costumes are the hit of the night.

The following of these movies is a religion for some, even me, but I am grateful I have found another.

Cheering during a movie is a lot of fun; it should happen more often.

You can start at ten bucks an hour, handing out free Red Bull.

If you want the best lightsaber replica, go with the Master Replica lightsabers. Incredible!

Despite all the criticism George Lucas has received over the years for the original episodes and the prequels, I, nor anybody else I know, couldn't have done a better job. I will never wish it had been done any different.

I will never forget my Episode III experience, buying tickets, camping out for a seat, cheering, and especially the beautiful story Lucas has finished.

No comments: