Monday, May 30, 2005

Book Crossing

I need to apologize to any of my readers and myself for not posting that much at all on here since I have been home. Work and many other things are keeping me busy enough that I rarely find myself in front of my computer to put a new entry up. I am not going to pretend like I can put something up everyday, I just can't do that during the summer. I will do my best. I am still writing, but not everything goes up here to begin with. I also read a lot more in the summer. Being an English major doesn't come without a lot of reading and that ties me down during the school year. Because of this I don't get to do that much free reading of my own.

Anyway, I found a book on a bench near a movie theater the other day. The sticky note on the book said that it was free. Free book...I'm sold. It was a book registered on www.bookcrossing.com and it was released into the wild. You can register your book on this site if it is only gathering dust on your shelves. Once it is registered, bring it to a place you think someone is likely to pick it up and leave it. I found The Crossing by Cormac McCarthy. There are many books in front of it that I want to read first so I am going to be letting the book go soon. I thought I would read it, and that is why I picked it up, but after a few days I realized that I won't get to it for a while. I am impressed that such a site exists and encourage you to check it out.

Until next time...cheers.

No comments: