Monday, May 16, 2005

The Evening Draws Nigh

The reason I can't see it coming is because it is here. Episode III is upon us in 48 hours.

I will be going to Fort Collins to see the midnight show. I might be lining up as early as noon for my seat. Tickets have been in hand for almost 3 weeks. I will have a chair, food, drink, book, and especially a camera to document the people in costume. Hopefully, I will get a good picture of the line to put up on the blog. I will definitely post my fanboyish review of the film in the days to follow.

For a longtime Star Wars fan, it is hard to believe that the Saga will be complete this week. As the following hours tick off the clock that realization will sink in and I will be giddy.

Camera to take pictures of fellow Star Wars geeks...check.
Chair so I don't have to stand for 12 hours...check.
Prepared for hours upon hours of Star Wars talk in line...check.
Voice in good enough condition to yell when the crawl hits the screen...check.
Counting the hours now...check.
Goosebumps thinking about the movie trailer...check.
Prepared to be enlightened...check.

One geek ready to shed a tear at one hopefully amazing Episode III...CHECK.

No comments: