Monday, September 23, 2013

I'm not Catholic, but...

I don't think I've ever posted about the Catholic faith on here, but I have read with interest the statements Pope Francis has made regarding homosexuality, abortion, and contraceptive methods. I think he is sending the strong, right message. However, as Andrew Sullivan pointed out today on his blog, Pope Francis' statements have put many Catholics in an awkward position, specifically, those Catholics who have spent a lot of time in the last few years focusing on the issues of homosexuality, abortion, contraceptive methods, and not much else. Watching them scramble now to act like they have always thought as Pope Francis clearly does makes for good reading. 

Sullivan:
The people in the hierarchy and the hard-right of the American Catholic church have put their best face forward after Pope Francis’ categorical rejection of their entire project.
Read on.

No comments: