Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Land of Enchantment


Kate and I drove to Farmington for a two and a half-day stay with my parents over Easter. It was well worth the drive and the weather was perfect for driving the 285 route to Farmington. Here are some photos from the trip. Above we have Shiprock, near, not surprisingly, Shiprock, NM, which is a bit west of Farmington. It's beautiful and it reminds me a lot of Devil's Tower in Wyoming.


This is part of a ridge (naturally formed) that stands like a wall aimed right at Shiprock.


On our hike I picked up a horned toad once I actually caught the guy. He was fast and hid in thorny plants that I sort of had to hit and kick to get the toad to run out.


My mom found this guy and he wasn't budging...we thought he was hibernating still.


I just felt like taking a couple pictures of my parents' bookcase, which they've had for most of my life. Its shelves are always home to some very familiar, worn books, photos, and small houses. Nate and Brooke are pictured here.


Also on the bookshelves: a collection of dice, marbles, and an old Tonka truck.


Blueberry lemon coffee cake from mom's kitchen. Amazing.


P-squared Posse after Easter service.


Driving home now. The next three pictures are of the Sangre de Cristo mountain range. They were stunning on this day.





No comments: