Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's Not Too Late, Rep. Lamborn

Maybe you heard. Colorado has a Congressman who disagrees with President Obama's policies. That's not all that surprising. Lots of Representatives in the House disagree with Obama's policies and I don't have a problem with that. But what is surprising, and so disappointing, is that Congressman Lamborn has decided not to attend tonight's State of the Union address because he disagrees with the Obama's policies. After I heard this news yesterday I was embarrassed for Colorado and I took it upon myself to write Rep. Lamborn a little note, which I've pasted below. But I encourage you to write to him yourself by visiting his website. 


Here's my letter to him:



Dear Rep. Lamborn,


First as a U.S. citizen and second as a Coloradan, I was embarrassed to see on the local and national news that you will not be attending President Obama's State of the Union speech tonight. While I respect the political differences between you and Obama, these aren't differences that should be sacrificed for the unity of our representational democracy. To do that is to cheapen this country and the founding principles of it. By not attending the speech you are getting a lot of attention, which I am sure you are pleased with, but you are also losing support from Democrats and Republicans throughout Colorado. It's a shame you've let differences and not similarities dictate your behavior in Washington. It is my sincere hope that you change your mind and attend the speech tonight. And if you don't, I hope Colorado sends you packing next midterm.


Sincerely,


Bryce Perica 

No comments: