Saturday, November 03, 2007

NaNo : Day 3

Day 3 of NaNo writing is done. Word count: 5,352. Yeah, it's just three days in, but I am doing pretty well by averaging 1,784 words per day. I figure the more words I can tap out everyday in the beginning will make the end of November, or just those really busy days between now and then, a little easier.

I don't really know where I am going with this. To tell you the truth, I don't think what I am going to have come November 30th could be called a novel or a book in any way, shape, or form. I believe I am going to have a big piece of writing that could be trimmed down to several short stories or essays. However, it is too early to tell.

When 50,000 words are demanded from you, you need to write, and do so without looking behind you. It is writing with reckless abandon. Although I am just a tenth done with the goal, I have noticed how crappy my writing can get when forced into this kind of output. There are a few sentences and a couple paragraphs scattered here and there that I am happy about, but I suspect the crappy writing will continue.

I hope I can feel happy about at least a few sentences each day.

No comments: