Monday, July 06, 2009

A Belated Happy 4th

I soloed July 4th, or I should say 3rd, because Milwaukee lights their fuses on July 3rd in a nod to the suburbs which all host their own fireworks on the 4th. While last year I spent the third under these marvelous explosions, this year I wanted to avoid the crowds. I watched the show from Bayview, and private property I should add, and I brought the tripod and camera, hoping to get a couple shots. I did as best I could with a point and shoot camera, but a more powerful lens is desired to show off my stunning shooting location and the brilliance of this pre-4th display of pyrotechnics.

Off to Colorado tomorrow. Maybe I'll see you there.

2 comments:

Rachel L. said...

Nice pic!!

What you doin in CO?

Erik Haagenson said...

Really good picture with the skyline and horizon.