Friday, May 16, 2008

You Don't Know What You've Been Missing

It was a quick interview. The job wasn’t offered to me on the phone. I should know within a week whether or not I am selected. It might be two days or a week. I can’t remember exactly. Anyway, I had to answer questions like “Why Obama?” “Do you think you would excel in this position?” “What organizing experience do you have?” For that last question, I had to get a little creative.

So that’s where I stand on that front.

I have been posting almost everyday since I have been back in Wisconsin, but as you may have noticed the posts lack substance. Explanation? Well, I have several. First, I had a freelance deadline on Wednesday and still hadn’t heard from three of my contacts at the beginning of this week. That was interesting, but I wrapped the pieces up and sent them in. I feel good to have that off my plate. Second, I just finished my seventh day in a row at the Bucks. I’ve been busy there too. Third, Kate and I went out the last couple of nights. Two nights ago to dinner and a movie. Last night to a friend’s apartment for dinner.

I don’t have to work until Tuesday and Kate has the weekend off. Sweet.

Also, I haven’t had much to say on here lately about politics. It has gotten to the point of certainty, certainty that Obama will be the nominee. Hillary won’t drop out before June 3. The Edwards endorsement helped. It is all the obvious and I don’t have that much commentary on it besides generally agreeing with things I have read on the blogs in the past week. I don’t want to rehash everything into my own ideas.

By the way, it is bike to work week. I rolled the bike out yesterday and got air in the tires and will probably bike to the Bucks for the rest of my time there. I love my bike. I love that it isn’t fueled by $4 gallons of gas. Yes, gas has it 4 bucks-a-gallon in Milwaukee. Pretty absurd. You know those stickers that say “Kill Your TV”? I want one that says “Kill Your Car”. The Milwaukee suburbs are about the least bicycling friendly place I can imagine, but I am going to do my best to not drive my car until the freeze comes again.

Last week, I read Enger’s new book, So Brave, Young, and Handsome in three days. The man’s ability to write a story is absolutely amazing. A review will be up soon. Read the book. It was so beautiful I wept.

No comments: