Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Trip to Madison

I offered to drive with Kate today to Madison. She had to take a licensing exam and when you need that done in Wisconsin you have to come to the capitol. We easily found the licensing building. I couldn’t stay with Kate so I was going to find a place to stop just up the road. So much for that idea. Madison is under construction and driving here sucks. I just drove around the city trying to find any commercial district for the last 45 minutes. I feel like I had to leave the city to find any kind of store. So the impression Madison is leaving me with right now isn’t good.

The university is huge. I would hate to go here for school. The student body is something like 40,000. Someone I used to know from Fort Collins went here to play football. He did so because he was good, but also because this is where his older brother went to play football. The roads suck in Madison, just like everywhere else in this state. Really, there are no newly paved roads out here.

With my luck lately I was surprised that Kate didn’t call me the minute I got a drink and sat down to this computer. I might be here for two more hours. I might be here for two more minutes.

I am ending this now. I am going to write something else or read more of The Historian.

5 comments:

Mac said...

Holla on crappy Madison driving. We almost missed our flight last year at that tourney. But I had some of the best lamb chops on the face of the earth at a steakhouse there. WOW.

Rachel L. said...

Mac didn't write that.

Anonymous said...

Dude- Don't hate. You just need to find State Street, Ella's Deli, and one kick-ass disc golf course.* Then, my friend, you will enjoy the love that Madison offers.

P.S. I miss you. Song titles are coming soon. I promise.

Anonymous said...

mmmm! Wes must have family that lives in the Mad City!

Bryce Perica said...

Yes. How unfortunate. That means he might have to go there.