Monday, April 25, 2005

Su Casa, Alexander, and Today

If you ever find yourself driving along on that desolate stretch of I-80 in Wyoming, do yourself a favor and stop at Su Casa. What? You have been there? So you know that tiny Mexican restaurant in Sinclair, Wyoming? I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Su Casa is no bigger than a dorm room, but it packs a punch. The chips are burning hot when they come to your table and the salsa doesn't look much better than Pace, but it is mysteriously good. I go with the Taquitos. They come with a liberal serving of guacamole that makes you wonder...Is it possible to have guacamole like this in the middle of Wyoming? The service is quick and the food is gone in a flash. You find yourself back on the street in Sinclair, wondering how you got there, in awe of that small building that houses such giant satisfaction.

Collin Ferrell in Alexander, is horrid. I made the mistake of seeing this movie. I left after the first 50 minutes and got a full refund for my ticket. I did get to see Ferrell in that fruittastic headpiece, trying so hard to be Mel Gibson in Braveheart.

I once calculated that the time I spent swimming the 50 free, my event, is 1/80,000 of the time I spend in the water during a whole swim season.

The Today Show, I can't stand The Today Show. My favorite is when Katie Couric says, "But first, this is today," before every commercial break. They couldn't think of a better line? Even the Today Show commercials are horrible. One commercial names the major four people on the show and then proudly proclaims them as "America's First Family." Please!!! They aren't my first family, and I hope they aren't yours either.

No comments: